Great Skate #37: Cedarvale Park Rink

After finishing my Great Skate #36 and enjoying a sustaining slice of pizza from a nearby trattoria on St. Clair Avenue, I was ready for more skating. Why not check another rink off my list before heading home?

Cedarvale Park Rink looked reasonably close on my map. Just a few streetcar stops, and then a walk along Arlington and I'd be there.

Well, the streetcar part was easy. I underestimated the distance along Arlington though, and ended up trudging uphill for many blocks before finally reaching Cedarvale Rink, which is tucked in behind the Phil White Arena.


When I arrived, the Zamboni was cleaning the ice, looking heroic under a stunning full moon. (My smartphone camera doesn't do it justice.)

Skating on a freshly resurfaced rink on a cold evening is extremely satisfying.



Cedarvale Rink has the nicest changerooms I've seen so far. They look like they were designed by Ikea.

Comments

Popular Great Skates

Great Skate #21 - Greenwood Park (renovated)

Great Skate #7 - Ryerson Community Park

Great Skate #34: Love Crescent Parkette

Great Skate #1 - Barbara Ann Scott Rink

Great Skate #33: Gage Park, Brampton