Great Skate 2012 is underway!

In December, the month of January holds the promise of a clean start and an empty calendar. When holiday preparations, busy social schedules and looming year-end work deadlines are making me tense, I can't wait for the new year to start. In January, I think, I'll be happy to have nothing pressing to do, no special plans to make.

Then, on or about January 5th, I start to get stir crazy from boredom.

So this year I decided to build some fun into January, with the Great Skate 2012 project. It's simple: every weekend I'll skate at a different outdoor rink. And, if I'm lucky, friends and family will join me so I won't be that strange woman going around in circles by herself.

As I write this, it's been 3 weeks and 3 rinks for the Great Skate. All the thrilling details - The rink that was almost rained out! The rink where I got the schedule wrong and showed up just in time for shinny hockey! - will be posted soon.

(And I should mention that the reason for the Great Skate 2012 Blog is because Nicole says it's a good idea and I'm very suggestible.)

Comments

Nicole said…
It IS a good idea - and I'm so glad to see that you have started what will be an incredible blog that will outline the details of this exciting skating year ahead! Yippee! - Hooray for Leigh and her blades!
Nicole

Popular Great Skates

Great Skate #21 - Greenwood Park (renovated)

Great Skate #7 - Ryerson Community Park

Great Skate #34: Love Crescent Parkette

Great Skate #1 - Barbara Ann Scott Rink

Great Skate #33: Gage Park, Brampton